Thursday 14 January 2010

Rum Truffles

A favourite in our house is Rum Truffles which my Mother used to make and now I make, they are a favourite of my father's and I thoughtI would share the recipe with you:

Rum Truffles
  1. Mix together stale cake crumbs (any - I used some fruit loaf and some chocolate cake I am not sure why these are not eaten they usually go quicker than I can say knife – there must have been something more special around!)
  2. Add a few ground almonds.
  3. Splash with some rum - and I mean splash don't pour it in and make a soggy mess.
  4. Make some chocolate butter icing again adding some rum.
  5. Mix lightly together.
  6. With hands in cold water mould into required size. If small then use sweet cases and for a bit bigger use bun cases.
  7. Top the finished truffles with melted chocolate and a bit or half a glace cherry or a nut - any thing you have to hand will do.
  8. Alternatively roll in vermicelli.
Mother used to make these and Father enjoys them although he will often say they need more rum!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Valley View Farm, Old Byland, Helmsley, York YO62 5LG
Tel. 01439 798221 or +441439 798221 mailto:sally@valleyviewfarm.com
View Valley View Farm Cottages location.