Monday 26 January 2009

Not the best start to the week

Driving to the farm this morning and trying to avoid some of the mad drivers intent on getting past everything in sight at breakneck speeds, I was very pleased to exit the A1 and start the climb up Sutton Bank I regained my composure and once again marvelled at the scenery - it is getting so much lighter earlier now - it is beautiful up here and I wonder how people who do not have this balance in life are coping with the news of more doom and gloom - job cuts at Corus, the knock on effect of redundancies,including the risk of violence at home and the innocent children caught in the cross fire, causing lifelong damage both emotionally and physically.
But lets not dwell on the sad side of life,I was heartened to read about the brave souls taking part in the Cold Water Swimming event last week - I cannot imagine going outside without several layers of clothing on let alone stripping off to next to nothing....

No comments:

Valley View Farm, Old Byland, Helmsley, York YO62 5LG
Tel. 01439 798221 or +441439 798221 mailto:sally@valleyviewfarm.com
View Valley View Farm Cottages location.