Friday 18 December 2009

How Old Is Too Old To Farm? Oxford Farming Conference, January 5th 2010

I have just been reading on the Farmer's Weekly website that the Oxford Farming Conference will be debating about how old is too old to be farming on the 5th January 2010.

This is a very sensitive issue and I will be interested to see both sides of the argument.

I am particularly interested in this debate as we are a family farm with father and son farming together. It will certainly make for an interesting discussion around the kitchen table when I tell John and Stuart about it. I'll let you know what they think.

In the meantime click on the link if you would like to read more about the debate or would like to vote in the Farmer's Weekly poll about how old is too old to be farming.

No comments:

Valley View Farm, Old Byland, Helmsley, York YO62 5LG
Tel. 01439 798221 or +441439 798221 mailto:sally@valleyviewfarm.com
View Valley View Farm Cottages location.